Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper Weekend Edition. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy your weekend!
1. Jubilation everywhere in Abuja, the nation’s capital, as President Muhammadu Buhari returns after over 100 days in London, United Kingdom, where he was on medical leave. He was welcomed by many including, Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State, among others.
2. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria warns the recently appointed Chairmen of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), Dr. Mohammed Isah; National Pension Commission (PenCom), Alhaji Ali Usman; and of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC), Prof. Bolaji Owosanoye; not to resume office without Senate approval.
3. Southern monarchs tell the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa’ad Abubakar, that opposing Nigeria’s restructuring is unfair because Nigerians want full restructuring to work well.
4. Senator Ahmed Makarfi, the Chairman National Caretaker Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), says that he has not spoken to the sacked National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ali Modu Sheriff after the Supreme Court judgment.
5. The President of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Bukola Saraki, expresses joy and gratitude to God for bringing President Muhammadu Buhari back home after a serious undisclosed health condition. Also, the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju BolaTinubu, says that President Muhammadu Buhari’s return is sign that God answered our prayers.