Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Wednesday in its National Corruption Report, stated that about N400billion was received in bribes by government officials from June 2015 – May 2016.
2. The Auditor General of the Federation, Mr. Anthony Ayine, on Wednesday told the members of the National House of Representatives that since over two years that the Treasury Single Account was implemented, it had not been audited.
3. Adamu Adamu, the Minister of Education, admitted that the Federal Government failed to fulfill its part of the agreement reached with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in 2016, hence the reason for the ongoing strike.
4. Chief Segun Oni, the Governorship aspirant under the All Progressives Congress (APC), in the forthcoming 2018 Ekiti State Governorship Election, says that he wants to become governor to redeem the Ekiti State.
5. Gunmen around 5am on Wednesday morning attacked the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) in Abuja, the armed men who were repelled by the police dropped a letter before fleeing. The letter was addressed to the head of Foreign Exchange Malpractices Fraud Section, Ishaku Sharu.