Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. A Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday proscribed Biafra secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Federal Government alleges that the group gets funding from France.
2. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) probes former Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, for alleged N1.4billion bank gift.
3. The Nigerian Army has explained why it plans the launching of South-West Military Operation Crocodile Smile. According to the Army, the operation is to tackle Badoo and other cult group.
4. The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Adetunji, reportedly sues Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State and 23 others for installing 21 new kings in Ibadan on August 27, 2017.
5. The Imo State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has criticized Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State for banning correspondents of Thisday and Vanguard newspapers from the State Government House. The PDP described the governor’s action as undemocratic and draconian.