Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, says that the performance of the current governor, Mr. Willie Obiano, is worrisome. “In 2013, I took Obiano around Anambra State, to the markets, to every part of the state and the people kept asking me if I was sure of him as they did not know him, so they voted for him because of me.” Obi said. “Today can anyone show me what the governor has done with his first term? He asked.
2. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) recovers N50billion excess charges from banks.
3. 24 hours after the mind-blowing revelation made by the Minister of State Petroleum Resource, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, against the activities of the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, President Muhammadu Buhari has remained silent. Kachikwu, after many failed attempt to meet President Buhari, decided to write him regarding alleged insubordination by the NNPC boss and also a $25billion contract awarded without following due process.
4. Lawmakers reportedly orders the arrest of the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, for shunning summons by the National Assembly over case involving the wife of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.
5. The Senator representing Bauchi Central, Mr. Isah Misau, accuses Nigeria’s Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ibrahim Idris, of having sexual relationship with female police officers.