Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) supports the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) as varsity lecturers begin indefinite strike. Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, the President of ASUU during a press conference in Abuja on Monday announced the commencement of the strike.
2. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo as a two-day investment forum themed “Impact of Investing for Advancing Agricultural Economy and Innovation”, organized by the Government of Niger State held in Minna the state capital on Monday said that he hopes that our lawmakers at the National Assembly does not use their position to turn road projects in the budget into what they term as constituency projects. “You and I know what constituency projects mean. It is simply corruption,” OBJ noted.
3. The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, on Monday at the Investment Submit organized by the Niger State Government in Minna, said that rather than calling for restructuring of the nation, let Nigerians focus on the devolution of the economy.
4. The Minister of Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, said that he has not indicated interest in the Delta State Governorship race.
5. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan allegedly stated that corruption is worsening under the President Muhammadu Buhari’s led All Progressives Congress government.