Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday ordered Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan to appear before it as a witness in defence of Chief Olisa Metuh, a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
2. The Ex-Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina, is reportedly on the run over an alleged N2billion fraud. Maina who fled the country was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) 2 years ago. He however returned recently and was reinstated as an acting director in the Ministry of Interior.
3. The Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Alleged Misuse, Under-Remittance and Other Fraudulent Activities has indicted Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, a former Minister of Finance, for issuing a memo to agencies to remit 25% of revenue they generate to federal government and spend 75% on their expenditures. According to the Committee, her memo led to about N1.7trillion revenue loss.
4. Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe who stood as a surety to Mr. Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), has denied insinuations by the federal government that the IPOB leader whose whereabouts is unknown is in his custody.
5. Former Jigawa State Governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, writes the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to declare his intention to run for presidency come 2019.