Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. The Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation has advised the North not to dismiss calls for the Nigeria’s Restructuring, saying that the nation is currently at the crossroads where many issues threatening the unity of the country must be addressed. Justice Mamman Nasir, the Chairman of the foundation Advisory Council, stated this on Monday when it paid a courtesy visit to Governor Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa State.
2. The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has described President Muhammadu Buhari’s Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), as a “rogue elephant” who has no respect for the president. The APC said that Sagay, in an interview published in a national daily, displayed arrogance and contempt for everyone except him himself. Sagay however in his reaction said that the APC leaders were bunch of hungry people who were undermining the progress of the party.
3. On Monday, four gunmen opened fire at the palace of the Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Saliu Adetunji, during the installation of four bales.
4. The Federal Government has gazette the order issued by the Acting Chief Judge of the Federal High Court in Abuja, Justice Abdu Kafarati, which proscribed the Biafra secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), and designated it as a terrorist organization. The sourt had ordered the FG to gazette and publish it in two national dalies.
5. The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has reportedly ordered the dismantling of road blocks nationwide.