Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy stories on Punch Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday- Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Punch????. Enjoy!
1. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that the Federal Government may consider increasing workers remuneration package of certain government agencies only. The Vice President’s statement was disclosed by Mr. Laolu Akande, Osinbajo’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity. According to the transcript issued to journalist in Abuja on Tuesday, Osinbajo stated this during a session titled “Conversation with the Vice-President” at the 2017 Nigerian Bar Association National Conference held in Lagos on Monday.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, has been receiving criticism from Nigerians over his recent statement regarding the reason why Mr. President will be working from home. Mr. Shehu had stated that Buhari’s office is being renovated because rodents damaged it. “After im no dey for office for about three months, rodents don cause plenty damage for di furniture and air conditioning units wey dey for im office and dis na why e dey work from home for now,” She told BBC in pidigin English.
3. Gen. Abayomi Olonishakin, the Chief of Defence Staff, during an interview with State House Correspondents after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari held with other chiefs of staff, said that Mr. President has order the military to ensure that Nigeria is kept as one united nation. “The President talked about the unity of the nation, which is non-negotiable. We have all been fully instructed to ensure that the directive is carried out to the letter,” Gen. Olonishakin stated.
4. The Federal High Court in Lagos on Tuesday ordered the temporary forfeiture of 58 houses allegedly linked to Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, the former Minister of Petroleum Resources. According to report, Mrs. Diezani acquired the houses which are located in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja between 2011 and 2013. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) suspects that the sum of $21.9million paid for the properties were proceeds of crime.
5. Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, the Senator representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, has been reportedly threatened with a recall action by his constituents. According to the constituents, which comprises of Nembe, Brass and Ogbia Local Government Areas, Mr. Bruce has not only neglected them, but has no plans for them.