Good Day Nigeria! It’s Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Thisday Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Thisday Newspaper ????. Enjoy your weekend!
1. Northern Nigerian Youths (Arewa Youths) in a recent statement announced the withdrawal of its quit notice ultimatum issued to the Igbos residing in northern parts of Nigeria.
2. Federal Government directs the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) to sanction radio and TV stations propagating hate speeches in the country. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had stated that government would no longer tolerate hate speech and would treat it as terrorism.
3. Charly Boy’s group plans another protest at the office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Monday and Tuesday, to demand for the extradition and prosecution of the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke.
4. Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, condemns the arrest of 180 Ebonyi state hawkers in Lagos. Urges Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to release them.
5. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo says that Nigeria will exit its current recession through agriculture.