Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Thisday Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Thisday Newspaper ????. Enjoy!
1. In a statement signed by the National President of the Arewa Youth Forum (AYF), Alhaji Gambo Ibrahim Gujungu, yesterday in Kaduna, the AYF called for the arrest of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), saying that his activities were responsible for the hate speeches and tension in the country.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari in his national broadcast this morning said that the National Assembly is responsible for Nigeria’s future as regards to restructuring of the country. “The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the legitimate and appropriate bodies for national discourse. The national consensus is that, it is better to live together than to live apart.” Said Buhari
3. According to Thisday, the plan by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to build a crude oil pipeline from Kaduna refinery to Niger Republic is failing as investors have shunned the project because it is commercially not feasible.
4. In a recent statement issued by NEITI’s Director, Communications and Advocacy, Dr. Orji Ogbonnaya Orji, regarding the Quarterly Review on disbursement from the Federation Accounts and Allocation Committee (FAAC), the Federal Government, State Government and Local Government, shared the sum of N2.788trillion in the first half of 2016.
5. According to Thisday, an undisclosed top leader of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said that those planning to return to the party are insisting on certain conditions like the privilege to have equal participation in all electoral contests without discrimination. The PDP after a long leadership tussle between Senator Ahmed Makarfi and Senator Ali Modu Sheriff is trying to bring back its top members who left the party.