Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Thisday Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Thisday Newspaper 🙂. Enjoy!
1. Kashim Shettima, the Governor of Borno State, met with the northern leaders concerning the quit notice ultimatum issued to the igbo tribe to leave the north by October 1 by the Arewa Youth.
2. In a recent report released by the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Nigerian Government officials received about N400billion bribe from June 2015 to May 2016. According to the agency, the Nigerian Police Force, the Judiciary and Prosecutors are the most corrupt.
3. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo finally assigns portfolios to newly confirmed Ministers, swears in Permanent Secretaries.
4. United States President, Donald Trump, has sacked Nigerian born International CEO, Adebayo Ogunlesi. Trump had announced the dissolution of the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative Council and the Strategic and Policy Forum. Ogunlesi was a member of the Strategic and Policy Forum.
5. The Accountant General of the Federation, Alhaji Ahmed Idris, on Wednesday said that the Federal Government has saved about N4.7billion monthly in bank charges through the Treasury Single Account (TSA).