Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Thisday Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys reading Thisday Newspaper ????. Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday presided over Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo takes over Federal Government team negotiating with the Acedemic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
2. The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, on Wednesday, said that Air transportation in Nigerian contributes $8.2billion to Nigeria’s GDP yearly. “According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), air transport in Nigeria supports more than 650,800 jobs including tourism-related employment, while contributing US$8.2 billion to the country’s GDP annually.” he said at the 15th National Council for Transportation held in Sokoto State.
3. Mr. Ibrahim Magu, the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says that the commission has recovered over N430billion from January to August 2017.
4. Former Military Governor of Kaduna State, Col. Umar Dangiwa Umar (rtd) has cautioned federal government against arresting Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
5. Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, says that his administration inherited about N220billion debt from the administration of former Governor Olusegun Mimiko.