Good Day Nigeria! It’s Friday again! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy your weekend!
1. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo in a recent interview said that State Governors are more powerful than President Muhammadu Buhari or any other president in Nigeria.
2. The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Oyegun, said that the Igbos can only become Nigeria’s President through the ruling APC.
3. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan while receiving delegations of former State House Speakers who served under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said that the PDP did well during its 16 years in power.
4. The Minister of Power, Work, and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, says that the Federal Government is ready to negotiate offers for its 40% power sector stake.
5. Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, a BoT member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says that Governor Ayodele Fayose who declared that he wants to contest for 2019 Presidency cannot contest because the PDP had already agreed that 2019 Presidential candidate must be from the North. “So, the party will not collect expression of interest money from anybody else who is not from the North and will not issue him a nomination form to contest; no, we will not do that,’’ Nwodo said.