Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy!
1. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), SERAP, others calls for the probe of the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, following the recent exposure of about $25billion contract scandal. PDP says that Nigerians can now see the hypocrisy in the so called anti-corruption fight.
2. The United Kingdom assures Nigeria of her commitment to stand by Nigeria in ensuring that the Boko Haram terrorist group is defeated.
3. There was a rowdy section at the National Assembly on Wednesday as two (2) members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) decamped to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC). The rowdy section lasted for about 20 minutes as the presiding officer, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, read the defection letter of the two lawmakers, Rep Ahmed Tijani of Kogi state and Zaphaniah Jisalo of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
4. Mrs. Dame Patience Jonathan, the wife of Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, files N2billion suit against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), over alleged harassment.
5. The Minister of Information Technology, Mr. Adebayo Shittu, said that over $60billion has been invested into Information and Communication Technology in Nigeria since 2001.