Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy!
1. President Muhammadu Buhari who was represented by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo in an occasion of Eid-Kabir hosted by Mr. President’s wife, Mrs. Aisha Buhari, at the Presidential Villa on Sunday, said that the country should not spend her resources and energy debating disintegration. According to him, noises in some quarters on the division of the country were part of Nigeria’s rebirth process, adding that God had designed the country to remain as one.
2. Anthony Sani, the Secretary General of the Arewa Consultative Forum, in a recent statement said that recognizing the man spearheading the movement of Biafra secession, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, is like rewarding bad behavior. The statement is an apparent response to a recent statement issued by the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo concerning Kanu’s re-arrest and quit notice ultimatum issued by the Arewa Youths.
3. Resident Doctors under the umbrella of National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD), on Monday morning announced that they have commenced an indefinite strike. The group had met with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige and the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, where the federal government made some offers to them. They have however rejected the offers and consequently proceeded with strike.
4. Nigerians have been warned to stop mocking Kim Jong-un, the Supreme Leader of North Korea. The warning came from a news service from the Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea @DPRK_News. “Impudent peoples of Nigeria are warned against mockery of Supreme Leader Kim Jong-Un, lest they pay a heavy price.”
5. Pastor Enoch Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), said that he would kill anyone who touches his wife, Pastor (Mrs) Foluke Adeboye. According to him, he could bear and ignore anybody who slaps him, lie against him, but he would kill anyone who touches his wife. “You can slap me; you can lie against me, you can criticise me, it doesn’t bother me, but touch my wife, I’ll kill you! “I want the world to hear. They’ll say if I killed, they’ll arrest me, jail me, that is if I killed with cutlass or gun. “If you tamper with my wife, I will talk to my Daddy and you’ll sleep and will not wake.” He said