Good Day Nigeria! Hope you had a great weekend! Here’s our pick on today’s top 5 buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy!
1. Recent investigation by the Economic Confidential has revealed that the Federal Government, the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), from January 2017 to June 2017 shared the sum of N2.56trillion from the Federation Account. According to the report, Federal Government got N1.09trillion, while Akwa Ibom State received N92.7billion, Lagos State 91.45billion and Rivers State N81.41billion.
2. Arewa Youths Forum urges President Muhammadu Buhari who returned back yesterday from London, United Kingdom, where he had been receiving medical attention for over 100 days, to bite troublemakers and not just bark. According to the youths, Buhari should immediately remove from power those who are cabals in the presidency holding his government to ransom. They added that the President should order the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), for attempting to break Nigeria into piece.
3. The Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), on Sunday, said that Nigeria’s debt is already reaching a very critical level. NEITI noted that N513billion was spent servicing debt in the first quarter of 2017.
4. Dr. Kunle Olajide, the Chairman, Organising Committee of the upcoming Yoruba South West Grand Rally on Restructuring, said that on September 7 in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State, over 100 Yoruba groups will declare their stand on the need to restructure the nation. He stated this after a meeting by South West leaders in Lagos on Sunday to unfold plans for a Grand Rally on restructuring.
5. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) reportedly set up a vigilance group known as the Biafra Security Service (BSS). According to IPOB Publicity Secretary, Comrade Emma Powerful, the group is a peaceful group that would only gather intelligence and ensure that criminal elements do not compromise the safety and welfare of Biafrans.