Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy your weekend!
1. Former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani Kayode, in a recent statement via twitter warns the federal government not to attempt arresting the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, saying that he (Kanu) is bigger than President Muhammadu Buhari. According to him, Kanu is a real lion.
2. The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, in a statement he issued during a sallah homage visit paid to him by some Igbo delegates told Arewa Youths that he is against the so called quit notice issued to the Igbos, adding that anyone who plans to attack the Igbos should attack him first.
3. Lauretta Onochie, President Muhammadu Buhari’s media aide said that at this moment, there’s no Arewa, no IPOB, no Odu’A, just Nigeria.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari again said that Nigeria belongs to all of us and not for some group, adding that every Nigerian was free to reside in any part of the country without hindrance regardless of their state of origin. He stated this over the weekend at his hometown Daura, in Katsina State, when Governor Aminu Bello Masari paid him sallah homage.
5. The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), says that the recent inaugurated Biafra Secret Service (BSS), is to fight herdsmen causing menace in Igbo land and nothing else.