Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy!
1. Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan while receiving Chief Bode George in Otuoke on Tuesday said that his main priority right now is to ensure that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) comes back to power in 2019.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari said that the worst is over and economy was set to be on a better pedestal, as necessary steps have already been taken by the government.
3. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the National Leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), on Wednesday ruled out automatic ticket for President Muhammadu Buhari come 2019. In an apparent response to the statement issued by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Tinubu said that; “no governor can appopriate the power of endorsement to themselves adding that an indivudual opinions ” does not matter at this stage”
4. Emeke Ojukwu Jr., the son of late Biafra warlord, Chief Chukwuemeka Ojukwu, said that he joined the All Progressives Congress (APC) to ensure that the South-East occupied its rightful place in the national governance.
5. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) reportedly denies Senator Ahmed Makarfi’s presidential ambition, faults call for his resignation as the National Chairman of the party’s Caretaker Committee.