Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!???? Enjoy!
1. Former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Femi Fani Kayode (FFK), alleges that the recently exposed $25billion contract scandal at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), was funds for President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2019 campaign.
2. The Government of Ebonyi State begins registration of the members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) for empowerment.
3. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria probes the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, over insubordination to the Minister of State Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, and abuse of due process in the award of $25billion contract.
4. The Federal Government in its response to the request issued by the former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, to move for her extradition from the United Kingdom to enable her face trial on alleged misappropriation of public funds while in office, said that there is no plan to invite her to Nigeria for trial.
5. Lawmakers reportedly issued arrest order on the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over Mrs. Dame Patience Jonathan’s case.