Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!🙂 Enjoy!
1. The South-East Governors Forum has condemned the alleged invasion of the residence of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), saying that the action does not speak well of the unity of Nigeria.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday while playing host to traditional ruler from the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria, said that he was considering running away from Nigeria if this year’s harvest was not good.
3. The man spearheading the movement for Biafra secession from the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Nnamdi Kanu, in his reaction to the incident at his hometown in Umuahia, the capital of Abia State, said that Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, wants Biafran to take arms.
4. The Nigeria Customs Service has again for the third time seized container loaded with guns in Lagos. The guns which were over 1,000 was imported illegally into the country from Turkey. They were carefully concealed in a 1 x 20 ft container and falsely declared a wash hand basins.
5. Prof. Wole Soyinka, while speaking to newsmen in Lagos on his reaction to the call for President Muhammadu Buhari to run for second term, said that the call is really sickening and disgusting.