Good Day Nigeria! Here’s our pick on today’s top buzzy news on Vanguard Newspaper. We prepare it everyday (Monday – Sunday) specifically for our visitors that enjoys Vanguard news!🙂 Enjoy!
1. The Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) says that Igbo Presidency won’t work in Nigeria.
2. The Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike, alleges that Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan lost the 2015 presidential elections to President Muhammadu Buhari because he was deceived by his cabinet members and high ranking members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), like Adamu Mu’azu, the then Chairman of the party.
3. The President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nwodo, gives reasons why the igbo socio-political group supports the proscription of Biafra secessionist group, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). According to Mr. Nwodo, the ban on IPOB saved several lives and doused the explosive tension in igboland.
4. Following feud between the Minister of State Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, and the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Maikanti Baru, the two met on Tuesday, agrees on a stronger petroleum industry.
5. The Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, on the call for secession and Nigeria’s disintegration says that the nation is better together.